Monday, April 15, 2019

TNDL: “WHO IS EL-ELYON, ACCORDING TO MELCHIZEDEK AND ABRAHAM?”

Meditate on God's Names
so that you might Know God As Your Strong Tower El Elyon
God Most High
God's Sovereignty
Demonstrated Over What is God Sovereign?
What Difference Can This Truth Make
in My Life?
NOTE: This chart is set up in columns that are to be read from left to right. In other words, when you finish the first column on the left, then shift to the related discussion in the middle and then the far right columns.
Even before you do this study, let me encourage you to listen to Robin Mark's great song ALL IS WELL - When I broke my left hip in May, 2011 at age 65 and came close to death's door, God gave me this song to remind me that He is the Most High God, El Elyon and that "He brings death and makes alive… He humbles and He exalts… He lowers us to raise us so that we can sing His praises. Whatever is His way all is well." God's Spirit used these deep truths to minister to my soul and make me realize that He was giving me a "wake up call" so that enabled by His Spirit, I would seek to surrender my heart fully to Him in the "last lap" of my race (1Cor 9:24-27) so that I would be enabled to redeem the time I had left (Eph 5:16KJV), press on toward the goal for the prize (Phil 3:14), running with endurance, fixing my eyes on Jesus (Heb 12:1, Heb 12:2), the One I would soon see (either through falling asleep in Jesus [2Cor 5:6-7, 2Cor 5:8-10] or meeting Him in the air - [1Thes 4:17-18]).
SOVEREIGNTY DEFINED
God Most High = El Elyon
The Most High God
Strongest of the Strong
He is the "Superlative" God - the all surpassing God!
If He is the Most High then what is His perspective on the problems in my life?
Da 4:34-note
His Dominion
is everlasting
His kingdom endures
("Dominion" = supreme authority)
Da 4:34-note "But at the end of that period I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; for His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
Da 4:35-note
He Does according to His will
Da 4:35-note "And all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing (in comparison to His greatness), but He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of earth; and no one can ward off His hand or say to Him, 'What hast Thou done?'
(see explanatory note)
No one can ward off His hand (no one can stop Him)
No one can question
what God does (no one can challenge Him)
><>><>><>
If you are wrestling with God's sovereignty, study the verses on this chart and also consider consulting…
1) Notes on God's Attribute of Sovereignty
2) Related Resources on God's Sovereignty
2) Several Illustrations of Divine Sovereignty
A Definition of Sovereignty: The right of God to do as He wishes with His creation (Ps 50:1; Is 40:15; 1Ti 6:15). This implies that there is no external influence upon Him and that He also has the ability to exercise His right according to His will. (Bible.org)
NOW READ THE COLUMNS TO THE RIGHT… WHAT IS GOD SOVEREIGN OVER? & WHAT DIFFERENCE SHOULD THIS MAKE IN OUR LIFE?
God is SOVEREIGN (see definition) which means GOD IS IN CHARGE OF THE ALL THE UNIVERSE ALL THE TIME.
Westminster Catechism says…
God from all eternity did, by the most wise & holy counsel of His own will, freely & unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass yet so as thereby neither is God the author of sin
GOD IS SOVEREIGN OVER…
The angelic hosts of heaven
(which includes Satan & demons)
All Inhabitants of earth
Da 4:37-note
Those who walk in pride
Da4:37-note "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise, exalt, and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride."
Read the stanza ("My sovereign"… ) below which sadly is omitted from most modern hymnals. Click on the hymn and sing to Him. It will be good for your soul dear suffering saint…
How Firm A Foundation
(Click to play)
Even down to old age all My people shall prove
My sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
And when hoary hairs shall their temples adorn,
Like lambs they shall still in My bosom be borne.
The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake. (He 13:5-note)

No comments:

Post a Comment